13,000 low income working parents with HUSKY A (Medicaid) health care coverage will lose their coverage on January 1, 2019 if legislators don’t act by midnight on May 9.
The current situation
The latest versions of both parties’ budget proposals fully fund the Medicare Savings Program (MSP). MSP helps low-income elderly individuals and people with disabilities on Medicare pay their out-of-pocket costs and Medicare Part B premiums.
While neither budget restores the cuts to HUSKY A parents, today there is some indication that some legislators have been listening! (See this article)
This is promising, but time is running out and we need calls to leadership of the House and Senate now! Add your voice to this fight!
Please contact these six legislative leaders (or as many as you can) at the below phone numbers or email addresses and tell them:
“We Need Full Restoration of HUSKY A NOW!”
- Joe Aresimowicz (Speaker of the House) at 860-240-8500 or Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov
- Matt Ritter (House Majority Leader) at 860-240-8585 or Matthew.Ritter@cga.ct.gov
- Themis Klarides (House Minority Leader) at 860-240-8700 or Themis.Klarides@housegop.ct.gov
- Senate President Martin Looney at 860-240-0375 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senate Republican President Len Fasano at 800-842-1421 or Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov
- Senate Majority Leader Bob Duff at 860-240-0414 or Duff@senatedems.ct.gov
For more information, including information about the impact of the HUSKY A cut in every town and city in the state, see this brief from CT Voices for Children.
Feel free to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter!