HELP SAVE MEDICAID! CONTACT LEGISLATIVE LEADERS TODAY!
We are seeing real progress on restoration of the two big Medicaid cuts made last fall — to the Medicare Savings Program and HUSKY A, and momentum is building!
The current situation
The latest Republican budget now provides for full MSP restoration. The Democrats did not commit to full MSP restoration in their proposed budget. And neither budget restores the cut to 13,000 plus HUSKY A enrollees effective January 1st.
But in this article, “sources say the two sides remained bogged Thursday over several issues including: transportation, public colleges and universities, the Husky health insurance program for poor adults; and state aid to school districts.”
This is promising, but we need calls to leadership of both Houses today!
Please contact these six legislative leaders (or as many as you can) at the below phone numbers or email addresses and tell them:
“We Need Full Restoration of BOTH MSP and HUSKY A NOW!”
- Rep. Joe Aresimowicz (Speaker of the House) at 860-240-8500 or Joe.Aresimowicz@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Matt Ritter (House Majority Leader) at 860-240-8585 or Matthew.Ritter@cga.ct.gov
- Rep. Themis Klarides(R-Minority Leader) at 860-240-8700 or Themis.Klarides@housegop.ct.gov
- Senate President Martin Looney at 860-240-0375 or email@example.com
- Senate Republican President Len Fasano at 800-842-1421 or Len.Fasano@cga.ct.gov
- Senate Majority Leader Bob Duff at 860-240-0414 or Duff@senatedems.ct.gov
For more information, including information about the impact of the HUSKY A cut in every town and city in the state, see this one-pager from Protect Our Care CT.
Feel free to share our posts on Facebook and Twitter!