By Jill Zorn |
The time is NOW for legislators to respond to your concerns. House Bill 5384: An Act Concerning Prescription Drug Costs, was approved by the Insurance and Real Estate Committee over a month ago by a bipartisan vote. It’s time to pass the bill!
HB 5384 is an important first step in pushing back against high drug prices and the Foundation is working hard to make the bill as strong as possible.
- Shines a light on how drug companies, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) and insurance companies profit excessively from high drug prices
- Offers relief to patients by passing discounts and rebates through to them to lower their costs when they are paying at the pharmacy counter.
It’s time to hold the corporations that benefit from high drug prices accountable! But if the bill doesn’t make it to the floor of the House soon, we will be out of time!
Today’s CT Mirror article says it all: Clock Ticking on a Bipartisan Scramble to Curb Drug Costs
Contact your state representative RIGHT NOW.
- Ask them to pass HB 5384 and send it to the Senate!
- Tell them your story or the story of a friend or family member who struggles to afford their medications.
- Let them know this is an issue you care about and you expect them pass the bill now!
Here’s how you can reach your state representative:
- Click here to Find Your State Representative
- You can click on your state representative’s name to get their contact info