The U.S. Senate is poised to take action on their bill to gut the Affordable Care Act (ACA) this week.
The ACA replacement, the so-called “Better Care Reconciliation Act” will do much more harm than good. Read more about it here.
Last week, the Protect Our Care CT Campaign and Universal Health Care Foundation of CT organized “Lives on the Line” — to illustrate how everyday people will be adversely affected by the bad health care bill being considered in D.C. right now. Check out the video here and Twitter updates here.
Here are 3 actions you can take in the next few days to stand up against this bad bill:
#1 – Call Connecticut’s U.S. Senators, Blumenthal and Murphy, and let them know you oppose this bill. Also – thank them for fighting against it. They want these calls so they can say that their constituents oppose the bill.
- Senator Richard Blumenthal – 202-224-2823
- Senator Chris Murphy – 202-224-4041
#2 – Attend the Connecticut protest rally against this bill:
- Wednesday, June 28 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. outside the Yale School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven (Join with other groups and activists, bring your own signs): Here’s the Facebook event page
#3 – Join the people’s filibuster in Washington, D.C. — organized by dozens of advocacy organizations:
- 10 a.m. Tuesday, June 27 through to Thursday night, June 29 in D.C. outside the U.S. Capitol. Check this site for updates.
- 5 p.m. Wednesday, June 28 there will a group encircling the U.S. Capitol: Here’s the Facebook event page
Thanks for standing up to Protect Our Care!