By Rosana Garcia
Open enrollment on Access Health CT begins November 1, 2016 and runs until January 31, 2017.
Yesterday we shared an article that has great information for those signing up for health insurance for 2017 coverage: What you need to know for the 2017 Obamacare open enrollment (CT Mirror, Arielle Levin Becker, Oct 25, 2016).
Today, we want to focus on a less-known form of discount that can really help make health care more affordable for qualified individuals and families: Cost Sharing Reductions (CSR).
Q: What is a Cost Sharing Reduction?
A: Cost Sharing Reduction is a discount on what you pay for out-of-pocket costs like co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles. You can read a little more here.
Q: Who is eligible for Cost Sharing Reduction?
A: Your income will determine if you are eligible to get this discount. It is a discount for lower-income customers on the exchange.
Q: How do I know if I qualify?
A: Once Open Enrollment begins on November 1, you can go to Access Health CT to compare plans. By providing some information about yourself, your family, and your income, you can see if you are eligible for this type of financial assistance, as well as help with your monthly premiums.
Q: Is the Cost Sharing Reduction available on all plans?
A: No. Cost Sharing Reductions are only available on Silver plans. So if you qualify, you must choose a Silver plan. This may have a higher monthly premium than a Bronze plan, but can really help make your out of pocket expenses lower. Learn more here.
Help for Access Health CT Open Enrollment:
- Need help selecting a plan? The Office of the Healthcare Advocate is available to help at no cost. Give them a call at 1-866-466-4446.
- To get in touch with Access Health CT:
- Call Center: 1-855-805-4325
- Individuals with a hearing disability may contact the Call Center via the TTY line at: 1-855-789-2428
- Need help to get back into your Access Health CT account? Call 1-855-910-2428
- Five enrollment centers will open on November 1, 2016 in New Britain, New Haven, East Hartford, Norwich and Stamford. Click here for specific locations and hours.
- Search for assistance near you here.
We’d like to hear about your Access Health CT experience. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.