By Rosana Garcia
As promised, we are letting you know that insurance rate review hearings have been announced.
Arielle Levin Becker from the CT Mirror has a detailed story about Anthem, ConnectiCare, Golden Rule rate request to get public hearings. In a nutshell, the Connecticut Insurance Department and the Office of the Health Care Advocate agreed to three rate review hearings.
Monday, July 27, 2015, at the Connecticut Insurance Department (153 Market Street, 7th Floor, Hartford)
- 9am to 11am – ConnectiCare Hearing
- 11am to 1pm – Golden Rule Hearing
- 1pm to 3pm – Anthem Hearing
We encourage you to participate in the rate review hearing process, especially if these proposed rate hikes affect you personally.
Ways to have your voice heard:
- In person – There will be opportunity for public comment during the first hour of each hearing and following the evidence portion of the hearing
- In writing – Due July 22, 2015, you can submit written comments by mail or in person to Connecticut Insurance Department, P.O. Box 816, Hartford, CT 06142-0816, Attention: Anthem/Golden Rule/ConnectiCare Rate Filing Hearing (use whichever insurer’s name is appropriate for your comments)
- Electronically – Public comment pages for:
- ConnectiCare 2016 Off Exchange Rates
- ￼Golden Rule 2016 Off Exchange Rates
- Anthem 2016 On Exchange Rates
Links to more on rate review hearings:
- Official press release on rate review hearings from the Connecticut Insurance Department
- Official notices of public hearings for Anthem, Golden Rule, and ConnectiCare
- From Consumers Union: Rate Review – Resources for Advocates and Consumers